For Rochester's Sesquicentennial in 1984 the Rochester School for the Deaf published Windows to Rochester - The Rochester School For The Deaf Looks at Rochester 1881 - 1934. The Rochester School for the Deaf has published a daily journal since 1881. The book contains items that appeared in their daily publication between 1181 and 1934. Five items with pertinence to the Lower Gorge follow. The book is out of print but available at many local libraries.