Nazareth Academy opened in September 1871 and moved into a new building near the corner of Lakeview Park and Lake Avenue in 1916.
In 1884 the Sisters of St. Joseph purchased the Pritchard estate. The property ran from Lake Avenue on the east and the NY Central tracks on the west. In terms of current streets approximately Augustine Street on the south and Seneca Parkway on the north. They eventually sold the property between Lake Avenue and Dewey Avenue, except for a parcel for Nazareth Hall a private school for boys, to developers and kept the property west of Dewey Avenue for their use.
The Sisters of St. Joseph had been given the job of teaching in and developing teachers for the parochial school system. In 1898 they built a Mother house and Nazareth Normal School on their property west of Dewey Avenue. In 1924 they sold a 13 acre parcel to the Diocese of Rochester for a Catholic Boy's school, Aquinas Institute. The following is from the 1935-36 plat map.
Note that the Normal School Property is now Nazareth College.
In 1924 Nazareth was started in a building in front of Nazareth Academy known as the Glass House. In this aerial photo the "Glass House" is in the lower left center. It was removed in 1954.
The building was called the "Glass House" because of its glass enclosed veranda.
In the late 1920's Nazareth Normal School and the mother house moved to Pittsford and the college to the old Normal School property. By the early 1940's the college had also moved to Pittsford.